About the job
55 Minutes is a user experience design company that seeks to create joy through design, by meeting users' needs. Our mission is to create meaningful solutions through a human-centered design approach, one that puts us in close collaboration with the people we design for. Apart from client-commissioned work, the innovative side in us propels us to build our own products — currently, we are developing one that helps children build self-confidence, and another platform that helps remote employees connect and thrive at work.
As a small and dynamic team, we are passionate about problem-solving through empathy and learning-by-doing. We are growing and we are now looking for a Project Manager to join us!
What's the role?
- Writes and executes scope of work, tasks, timeline, budget and development based on project requirements, client requirements, project plan, and larger executional context.
- Manage projects and products, by working closely with a team of UX researchers, and designers as well as in-house or external developers.
- Lead the project team to success by taking care of all collaborations and workflow within the project team, as well as with external vendors/partners/collaborators, by understanding project goals and keeping the team on board with the goals, facilitating project discussions and project decisions within the team, and looking into maintenance of project/product.
- Communicate with the team members and keep the team accountable for timelines and deliverables while updating the Managing Director of project progress or raise concerns early when necessary and provide solutions for roadblocks faced.
- Source for suitable development team(s) to work on our digital projects, and make recommendations on what would be suitable criteria for choosing the development team.
- Engage with, and work closely with the development team we engaged, or with other developers from our clients.
- Tracks development scope (timing, deliverables); if a change occurs or if development has limitations, plan what can be done in scope and what cannot, together with the design team.
- Be client-facing and be accountable for identifying client requirements and proactively managing client expectations, timelines, budgets, and deliverables as well as handover to clients by keeping constant communication with clients and engaging them with a positive attitude.
- Create proper documentation and manage all related files, by supporting the Managing Director/Project Director for the administration of projects.
- Supports the projects as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) by keeping an eye on compliance with the necessary measures, to ensure our organization is handling personal data and privacy policies correctly.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Experienced in leading projects, especially digital projects that include design and development of digital products or platforms.
- Comfortable with the demands of this role from the very start (at least 3-5 years of experience).
- Love to solve problems, plan schedules, keep to timelines, and pay attention to details.
- Experienced in risk management and a clear overview of what to look out for in order for a project to succeed.
- Possess a strong sense of initiative, is well-organized and has the ability to handle multiple projects with challenging deadlines well.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills. You understand client as well as project requirements, communicate with clients confidently, and can present our work to clients well.
- Can work easily with everyone from across different disciplines and motivate/support your teammates to successfully deliver good work on time.
- Understand front-end development and basic back-end development of large-scale websites and/or web apps.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Workspace, Figma, Slack, and other project management and common communications tools.
- It’d be a huge bonus if you understand UX and UI design, and can make related project decisions collaboratively with team members.
- Excited about being able to shape a young and growing company that is passionate about design and creating useful solutions.
What you will enjoy:
- Growth and development: We’re invested in helping you reach your personal and professional goals with an annual learning fund to use at your discretion.
- Positive, strengths-based culture: We encourage collaborations, and will draw from, as well as apply, your strengths to the work we do.
- A creative environment: Trying out new things and learning through experiments and learning-by-doing is our approach to problem-solving.
- Diverse culture: Interactions and activities shared with a larger group of co-workers within the holdings group company, Potato Productions, facilitate expansion of each other’s work and life experiences.
- Overall well-being: We work from home but regular in-person meet-ups and team bonding sessions are facilitated to ensure healthy doses of interactions between teammates.